Join our chorus!!
Cedar Harmony Chorus is more than just an acapella ensemble, it is a family. As a chapter of Sweet Adelines International, we love getting together each week and sharing four-part harmony!
You don't need to be an amazing soloist! Each member brings their voice to the ensemble and together we create a musical expression that is vital and alive!
If you are female and like to sing, we invite you to visit us by coming to a rehearsal. It's the perfect way to find out more about us. You'll hear us perform barbershop music and be on the risers with us singing along.
We rehearse on Monday nights, starting at 7:00pm, at Music Hill Studios, 1509 Rainbow Drive, Waterloo, IA 50701.
We can't wait to meet you!
Here are answers to some frequently-asked questions:
How much of my time will it take to be a Cedar Harmony member?
- We rehearse one evening a week throughout the year, almost always on Monday nights, Members also work on their music on their own as needed.
- We have Regional Competition every March or April, a weekend event.
- There is an annual Chorus Retreat, a weekend event.
- We perform in and around the Cedar Valley area 2-4 times per year for local festivals, business events, charitable events, holiday parties and art festivals.
- Fund raising events - Musical Brunch, garage sales, auction
What is the audition procedure?
After you have attended several rehearsal's and you will audition with a quartet and the director, you will sing with another person singing your part. The sheet music and learning tracks for the song you audition with will be provided to you.
How do I learn the songs?
We have sheet music available for all singers and we have audio tracks of each voice part available for almost all of our songs. Reading music is not a requirement.
For any other questions, please contact our Membership Manager:
Peg Hamlett: firstname.lastname@example.org